Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 July 2014

It's going to be scorchio



It's going to be another scorchio today and instead of hauling my bulk onto a sunlounger in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers I will be sitting on my chair in super swanky Lady Lainey office and having a nap. I am feeling slightly better today but am so tired that I think if they had sleeping as an Olympic sport I would win a gold medal!

Gold medals are what my Tykes deserve after a great batting day yesterday at Scarbella. Captain Gale scored an unbeaten ton and looked very pleased with himself! Having resumed on 29-1 there were runs a plenty , Lees Williamson and Leaning all got half centuries whilst Andrew Gales  126 no put My Tykes on 400-5 at close of play.

Last day today and to be honest I will be glued to Twitter in between  napping!.
Will His Royal Ryanness get 6 wickets to make me smile as I wanted him to get 650 this season. i flipping hope so, but no pressure!


However at Lords things were not going so well in the England camp, well actually it was going pretty badly as they were beaten. Little Joey Root hit a half century and his 66 was the highest score. not a good result. However poo happens and to be honest they need to move onto the next test. Cook is being urged to stand down as Captain, but who would fill his shoes and more to the point who would want to.
After seeing Adam Lyth play some outstanding cricket this season I am wondering why he hasn't been called up?

I for one will not be reading any more this week about the  state of the England team as I think the results speak for themselves. They were outclassed and out played!

Matt Prior is also taking a break from cricket for the rest of the summer to get over injuries. And probably to distance himself from the England team.

So this time last year, Tykes Towers was on baby watch ( and Lady Lainey loves babies!) as we were waiting for the imminent arrival of a new Royal baby, well can you believe that Prince George is one today!!!! Where has that year gone?????
And a gorgeous little boy he is too.

So with a lots of happy thoughts swirling round in my over crowded head I am off to Super swanky Lady lainey office to try to finally fight my way through my emails and then catch a few Zzzzzzzzzzzzz's




No comments :