Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 July 2014

It's grey and wet but it is Thursday!!





Well today has dawned grey and wet although I can see the sun trying to poke its way through the clouds. I have a full day today as yesterday in super swanky Lady Lainey office we did very little until about 3pm due to our super fast new broadband  not working after the engineer came, and then having to wait for a new router. Eventually it turned up and now I have two days to finish off every thing before I head off to LEEDS!!!!

Also off to get the eyebrows tamed, bushy ones might look good on Denis Healey , but never a good look for a Lady. OMG I have lists as long as my arms ( and they are long) of all the things that I have to do before my 'grand depart' on Sunday.I have had the curls tamed which is a start.

So last night saw Yotkshire host Durham in the T20 blast, I were listening on't wireless. Durham were not looking good until Chris Rushworth and Gareth Breese made a last wicket stand of 29. Durham closed on 123-9. Looking good for Yorkshire it seemed. but it was not to be and they were bowled out for 95 with 16 balls unused. Yorkshire remain in 4th place and are at New Road on Friday. Durham moved up to 5th place and are home on Friday to Nottinghamshire.

Not sure what went wrong there but something did!,


England team news came through and the selectors have give Ben Stokes his third bite of the England cherry, lets hope he doesn't mess this chance up too. Not to great to see him swearing on Sky on Sunday and you didn't have to be able to lip read to know what he said. ( 4 letters and it wasn't 'Flip').

All that aside I hope that he does well and makes good use of this opportunity. The three Tykes were named too, Ballance, Root and Plunkett. Of course it wouldn't be a team without Bell and Broad ( who surely must be crocked by now). First test is 9th July at Trent Bridge.

Ok, I have 10 minutes to spare so I am off to edge some more of the lawns in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers, I did a little bit more after the cricket last night ( and broke a nail!) and unearthed more path between the East and West Gardens, who would have thought it?

Every day is a little adventure in Lady Lainey land!!!! So off to do a little bit of gardening before hitting the A1.






No comments :