Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Mid week and nearer to My Tykes





Woohoo it be Wednesday and it means that it is closer to the weekend and I am closer to my Tykey boys. To say I am excited is an understatement, I can hardly sleep!!!!Which is not doing my temper any good in super swanky Lady Lainey office. Where I seem to be spending more and more time of late....................what the 'Donald Duck ' is going on. They pay me to shout at boys ( which I do), drink copious amounts of coffee ( and green tea and red bush tea and Yorkshire tea), and look pretty for 7 hours ( not 8 hours or 9 or 10!!!).  No wonder I am flipping tired.

Well The Tykey Vikings were in action last night against Leicestershire in T20 blast action. Do you want to know the score? Well............................they flipping well won by 14 tuns and Ryan took 2-32!!. And not forgetting that Andrew Gale hit a half century. They now move up to fourth in the Northern table with a game in hand. BUT, the catch of the night again was the Finch and Lyth show, as first debuted at Old Trafford. Lyth palming the ball away from the boundary and Finch going full length to catch it. They took Tom Smith out in the Lancashire match and then last night they did the same to Cobb.
Fantastic fielding!


Tonight at Headingley it is former besty home county of Durham up against my boys. Tough one this one as what ever I say I will be 'tweeted' as disloyal to Durham and biased towards Yorkshire. So lets hope it is a draw!( I typed that with my fingers crossed!)

It looks as it the match fixing scandal that has been bubbling away will finally be put to bed.Lou Vincent has been banned from all forms of cricket for life. Former club mates have come out in support of him saying that he was an easy target. However cheating is cheating and especially when it is noted that one of the matches was against Durham in 2008!!!!

Lets put this to bed now.

So apart from lots of  work to do ( sorry about using a four letter word!) today I am also having me barnet cut so that I do not resemble a walking bush. and tonight after working on my wine exams ( thats reading not drinking) I will be starting the arduous task of packing my bag!!!!!!

Wooohooo Headingley here I come! ( can you tell I am a little bit excited!!!)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

You say you don't want to resemble a walking bush, would that be a "red" bush. haha.

Can't keep DD down.