Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 July 2014

What a wash out!

So yesterday dawned bright and sunny and I headed off to have my brekkie......................with some very BIG rugby players, yes it could only happen to I,Lady lainey, I get to eat my fry up with Leeds Rhinos!!!

So after a quick trip into town, I came back and settled down to a day of cricket.

His Royal Ryanness came out to bat and hit a quick fire 25. before Yorkshire were all out for  426.

Durham went into bat and  were 50-1 when the heavens opened.  and boy did it rain!!! it was torrential.

I invited .Mr Grumpy ( who is not really grumpy even though he claims to be) to come for coffee in my room, well we could sit and watch the rain bouncing off the covers. Then I get told that the 'journos' have binoculars and that apparently you can see into my room.

Well as I am sitting in the window typing this I am guessing that any one watching will be very disappointed as I am fully clothed. which is more than a gentleman was yesterday. 

So rain caused the game to be called off and I went to have a little sleep. I woke up to brilliant sunshine streaming in. So I went out to eat and then came back and watched T20 blast action with Notts V Birmingham Bears.

Great match, Notts won and a great last over from Fletcher. 

Today sees test match action starting at Trent Bridge.


And I also got my 'Dizzy' autobiography  signed by the man himself, thanks to  Joe and Chris. that will be treasured by me.


I am watching the groundsmen preparing the wicket and should go and throw myself in the shower.

Which is what I am going to do right now...........and draw the curtains.


No comments :