Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Flipping wet Wednesday



So there is lots of precipitation around this morning, actually it has been flipping lashing down all night, and from the result  at Hove last night, former besty home county of Durham will have been wishing it had been  lashing down on them last night and I don't mean the wrath of fans!

Having  won the toss and electing to bat Durham set a very good score 287-8. Sussex went into bat and Onions took Nash out very early, then took Wright out. Looking good I was thinking!
Wish I had not even 'thunk'it. Borthwick and Onions reduced the hosts to 191-7 but then an unbroken 8 wicket stand  between Arafat and Beer gave Sussex the most unlikely win and saw the County Champions on their way home with their tails between their legs!

How on earth did they lose that game!!!!


Not looking good, think they might need Her Ladyship to cheer them on on Sunday.

However, my Tykes  were suffering from the effects of rain, but it didn't dash their enthusiasm, they were reduced to 38 overs and  made the most of them. They won the toss and put Northamts into bat, with  Peters going for a golden duck to Timmy Bresnan. Looking good!
Pyrah was on top form taking three wickets Northants managed 209-7 in their 38 overs.

Well Lyth and Lees went in to bat and, they were fipping brilliant ( why isn't Lyth being called up for England?)/. Lyth hit 84 BUT Lees hit 102!!! Top Tyke!!! The rest of the batsmen were a bit rubbish really, even Captain Gale only hit 4,   but this  did outdo Leening and Rashid ( ducks a piece). This made no difference as Yorks went to 213 in 34 overs.


I am sure that Gillespie the Gallant would have been smiling all the way home!

OK this is a short one, as I slept in again this morning and I know that is tres unusual pour moi, but this virus thingy is playing havoc with all of me and I am not sure if I am coming or going!!

Got to get myself pulled round and pretty damned quick, lots to do over the next few weeks.

So until tomorrow

Be good!!


No comments :