Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 August 2014

It's Yorkshire Day ( and its F(ryan)day too)



Yes today is 1st August and for all of us 'Tykes' this mean it is Yorkshire Day. A day  to celebrate the historic county of Yorkshire  It was first celebrated in 1975 as a  protest movement against the local government re-organisation of 1974, but the date also alludes to the battle of Minden, and the date of the emancipation of slaves in 1834 for which Yorkshire MP William Wilberforce had campaigned.

So have a great Yorkshire Day.

OK History lesson is now over.

Over in the far north of Newcastle where Durham were playing a match ( well of course because Newcastle is in Co  Durham!!!!!!!, like Marton was in Co Durham.......OK not getting into that rant again). Well Durham were taking on Warwickshire and they only flipping well won. YES!!!! they won.
Trott scored a century for Warwickshire and they were all out for 264. John Hastings was the pick og the Durham bowlers.
In reply Durham  did jolly well and won, which was much needed as they have been pretty dire of late in these 50 overs games. Not that I have seen any due to them being played during the week. Maybe they should consider reusing Saturdays and then get bigger crowds ( and believe me not all members of  County cricket clubs play cricket on Saturdays). OK another rant over for the day.


And England won too which was pretty good as they have been dire in these test matches of late, not that I have seen many as they are played during the week..........................hahaha I must be feeling a bit better as I am ranting away like a good 'un

And I am going to make this a short one today as I am about to go and have my weetabix, make my chicken salad for lunch and then toddle off down the A1  to Super swanky Lady Lainey office where only Pony Paul and Trill Boy will be waiting for me. Job the Jolly is at a wedding in Belfast and no doubt will be waking up this morning with a stinking hangover!!! well serve you jolly well right Jobbers!!!

So until tomorrow and NO I hadn't forgotten.......................




.....................have a great F( ryan)day,  it's nearly the weekend!!!!!!!!

No comments :