Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 August 2014

Lady Lainey wields a paintbrush




Well I am up and ready to face the next painting task. Yesterday I repainted the front of Tykes Towers and also some of the walls in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers.  I know that I still have the railings to do , but that is the most boring and  labour intensive job ever, so I  decided to just use the rest of the masonry paint and be done with it.

Now I am off to sort out the garage door so that on Tuesday  when Paul the window guy comes, everythng will be super smart when he has put the trims on.

I also kept 'popping' into see what was happening on the cricket, First semi, Birmingham Bears beat Surrey and were able to have a bit of a rest before the final.

We had a spot of rain which meant that I had plenty of excuses to come indoors and watch Hampshire and Lancashire.

Hampshire took to the field and they were looking good after Smith  was LBW to Smith! which was a little sad as Tom Smith ( Lancs) is in my (as yet unpublished book) Cricketers Posteriors! Rain became the enemy of the game and Lancs finishes 160-5.

Hampshire went out to bat with reduced overs and needing 143 to win (D/L). ................................................. Well if you watched it you will know that when they were shocking! Carberry and Adams were the only players to make double figures ( 10 and 53 respectively.
They were back on the coach and heading down the M40 home very quickly.

So I quickly cooked my dinner and then sat down to watch the final. By this time is was freezing cold in Tykes Towers and getting dark!!!!! so I had to put the fire on and a light! What's all that about the, its not even the end of August!
Anyhoo, long story short Birmingham beat Lancashire in what was a thrilling match. A well deserved win.
There was  an appearance from Andrew Flintoff who no doubt will steal the limelight in the newspapers this morning after taking Ian Bell's wicket with his first ball.

So now got to dash and try to get as many jobs done this morning outside just in case it starts to rain!


No comments :