Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 August 2014

Seven year Cycle



So today is the 18th August and yesterday was the 17th ( non merde Sherlock!) and it was 7 years since I grabbed my handbag and ran  to the safety of Her Serene Highnesses house from Toner Towers. Never to return ( thankfully). Why is this relevant? wells someone once told me that your life goes in 7 year cycle and if that is true this is the start of a new one for me.
The last 7 years have been turbulent to say the least with very sad losses, of family and also much needed losses of 'friends' ( I use that term very loosely). The past 6 months have also seen tough times in the Walker/Robinson houses and they are still on going, however it is time to put the past firmly in the past and move on. I have been saying this for the last 7 years but now there is no excuse.
So I am putting on my mascara ( something I never wear, so that's a new one) and marching off to super swanky Lady Lainey office to prepare for my new era!.

less of the faffing around and more of the moving forward is needed.

And yesterday at Scarbella saw Yorkshire doing less of the faffing around as Kane Williamson hit his maiden century for my Tykes and  going on to hit 186 before being out. Little ( not really he is a flipping man mountain) Timmy Bresnan hit 61 as the hosts managed to edge past the Sussex first innings score of 368. his Royal Ryanness was no out on 14 ( very respectable) and the Tykes were all out for 493.
however it does not end there.........................oh no  he only went and took two more wickets bringing his FC total haul to 468!!! Will today see 650? I flipping hope so!.

Sussex were 98-4 at stumps.

I had the pleasure of spending a good part of yesterday chatting to Jack Russell the former England wicket keeper. We had a wander down memory lane discussing the merits of the wonderful 'Northlands Road' Southampon. A wonderful ground that is no longer there and is a housing estate!!!!

Elsewhere in the crazy world of cricket  Durham were being thwarted by the weather at Old Trafford and also Prince ( no not the Purple Popster)  who as he approached the end of his career hit a ton to give Lancashire the upper hand.
Durham were 59-1 at stumps.

Chris Rushworth  ( or Christopher as he was on the team list, getting his full title ) took two wickets and jolly well done to him.

So today I am expecting big things from my Tykes and also hoping that champions of the world Durham do good. I think they need a boost. When I have seen Durham of late they look a very dejected bunch.
Watching Yorkshire over the last three days it was a different story, but they always look like that.
begs the question, just what is going on at Durham?

Until tomorrow


No comments :