Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 August 2014

Sunnyish Saturday

 
Well I woke up this morning to rain, but this was at stupid o' clock, so I decided to get up and go  for a walk/jog/run. This was in 5/5/1 minute  intervals which seems a bit wimpish, but as I do not want to end up in hospital again I am taking it easy!

That combined with the amount of walking I did yesterday  should be helping me on my fight back to fitness and 'wellness' ( I will fight this chuffing virus!!!).

Yes, I am in Scarbados and loving the sea air, sunshine and of course My Tykes playing cricket.. After a wonderful walk through Peasholm Park yesterday morning I settled myself in my 'usual' area of the ground ( close to the Yorks dressing room, but not close enough to enforce a restraining order). 

Yorkshire elected to bowl and off they went, His Royal Ryanness took the first two wickets and  brought his First class wicket total to  646, OMG the boy might make 650 this weekend and I would be super chuffed if he did.

Sussex however then dug in Tim Bresnan took  wicket but it was  late  after noon before we saw a flurry of wickets fall, bringing Sussex to  315-8.
Brooks, Rashid and Patterson all chipping in , top boys.

I am about to go and have a swim and then  fill myself up with a 'full English' before heading back through the Park to North marine Road. I have everything packed 'just in case' as yesterday the sun was very shiney and hot but the blinking breeze off the sea was blowing into places that I never dreamt could be cold!

I am hoping that Sussex are seen off before I have chance to gulp my coffee down and then we can get down to watching some serious runs from the boys.

I actually feel better today than I have since the mad dash to hospital, (although I still look as white as a ghost), its amazing what sea air, and My Tykes  can do. 

Is laughter the best medicine? is it heckers, cricket is the best medicine.

(apologies for any typo's I am typing this on a 7in tablet which is 'not playing the game'!!!)


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

Guess the swim you were having this morning was not in the North Sea.

DD