Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Tykes stay top!!!



Yes it was a bit of a day yesterday, Over in Scarbella My Tykes had to bowl out Sussex and then score some runs. They worked hard out in the field and eventually dismissed Sussex for 230, even though Luke Wright put in a determined effort ( credit where credit is due) by putting on 113 runs.

This meant that my boys had to go in and score 106 to win. Lyth and Lees set the ball rolling with a score of 88 before Lees was bowled by Hobden. Kane Williamson whose maiden century in the first innings was outstanding them came in and saw the boys win the match.
OMG I came home to this news and was flipping 'buzzing', needless to say there was no work done in Tykes Towers last night and lots to do when I get home tonight.
However it is 2.45am and I am wide awake, and making lists of all the things that I need to do! You can see that this is going to end badly tonight as the only thing on the agenda will be dinner and bed!

Yorkshire remain top of Division one with a six point lead. However anything could happen in the next three games...........................although I flipping well hope not!

Durham on the other hand had another bad day at the office, as they lost in what has been described as a 'thrilling match'. Lancashire went into bat chasing 107 from 36overs, but John Hastings and Ben Stokes made short work of the Lancashire side reducing them to 90-9.
However credit to Lancs they held their nerve and won the match with two balls to spare.
yes I can see that this was a thrilling match but there will have been some very sad supporters heading back to the North East last night.

So my day in super swanky Lady Lainey office went a little array within minutes of entering the office, however I decided not to rise to the bait and cleared my desk in record time.
The  office was very civilised due to the annual holiday of Trill Boy, so two weeks of peace and quiet is on the cards for me.

I may even get round to doing some archiving ready for the  next batch of jobs which are sure to land on my desk soon.

Well not much else to say except that I am super excited about My Tykes and also counting the days until the Bank holiday weekend when I am going to knuckle down and get lots of work done here at The Towers.
And now I really should go back to bed and try and get some sleep.

As if!!!!





No comments :