Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 August 2014

Wine & Jerusalem




Yesterday took a realy strange turn as I got a call from my other 'employer' asking if I would drive out to the opposite side of the wilds of the Yorkshire Moors and host a wine tasting for the WI. I agreed then looked at the map and realised that it was over 100 mile round trip but I was committed! ( and probably should have been)

So off I toddled in the lady Lainey limo, all was well as I drove through the industrial landscape that is Cleveland, however once I turned onto the Moors it was a different kettle of fish altogether.
 I realised very suddenly that I am still a 'Larndan' girl at heart as rather large white fluffy four legged animals very having a walk on the road at every twist and turn I took, despite my cries of 'Will ewe get off the chuffing road' ( I assume they were female as they didn't seem to have horns). Yes over 20 miles of dodging 'pure new wool' then took place. As I entered the village there were flipping more of them wandering around,  and also pheasants sitting on every garden wall!!!!  By the time I reached the villages hall my tummy was rumbling with the thought of a nice juicy pheasant breast or something with mint sauce.

I went in, set up and waited for them to sing Jerusalem ( one of my favourite hymns along with 'Rock of ages' and 'Abide with me')...........................and they didn't. What kind of WI was this????

Well it was a jolly fun one I can tell you, as most ladies lived in the village and were walking home ( 'I live opposite the post box just by the telephone box, the house with lots of sheep poo outside, they love my grass verge'!!!) they really took to the wine tasting.

Yes a fun night was had by all and one lady gave me directions home avoided white fluffy things, which took me home via place of my birth. What an evening.
To say I am tired this morning is an understatement, but it was great to meet a lovely group of ladies.

Now back to today and a very tired lady I am, however in the crazy world of cricket Yorkshire  have travelled down to The Rose Bowl and are taking on 'South Durham' AKA Hampshire i the One Day cup. #coyt

News also filtered through that Otis Gibson has left as coach of the West Indies!! Is he coming back to Durham as coach next season? Lets get that rumour mill started!!!.
Gibson has been with them since 2010 and although they won the ICC world T20 in 2012 they were not the shining stars of latter years.

And so now I am about to wend my very tired way to Super swanky Lady Lainey office, where if rumours are to be believed, will soon be welcoming back Dan Dan Cowboy Draughtsman as the workload becomes more and more unmanageable.
Well its a months work apparently but taking into account Dan's, doctors appointments , dental visits, taking his wife to hospital I am guessing 3 months looks more realistic!.

.


No comments :