Powered By Blogger

Saturday 27 September 2014

And that's it!!!!



Yes its all over for another season in the domestic cricket. Even on the last day of the season there were still things to be sorted out.
And sadly for Lancashire they were relegated! A very unsporting cheer went up at Headingley as the news came through.
I had been treated to the last day of cricket at Leeds and was hoping that  Yorkshire would be winners. However it was not to be.  The match was drawn, even after every person in the ground was urging Jack Brooks to take the last wicket in the last over.
However His Royal Ryanness did take 2 wickets which nearly had me flipping my tiara!!! OMG 664 first class wickets! (although he told me on Thursday evening that he thought it was one less than ESPN had documented) He has had a great season as have all the Yorkshire team.


The Gale 'thing' looks as if it may well die a death, as reported in the papers yesterday. Here's hoping!!! and seeing Andrew with the trophy yesterday was great.

A big shout out to One day Champions Durham, who managed to pull themselves out of the relegation zone in the last weeks of the season and showed some amazing form. Also massive shout out to Chris Rushworth who has been the workhorse of the team, and all with no alcohol!Chris has been  one of the only Durham bowlers not to suffer any injury this season ( and last I think) and deserves huge amounts of recognition. also lets not forget his 15 wicket haul last week.Top marks!

Super polite young man Jamie Harrison was operated on this week, his season has been blighted by a recurring knee injury and lets hope  that he makes a full and speedy recovery.

So what to do now?

Well I am busily writing my review of the season and then will hibernate until spring!
Actually that's not quite true as I have a wicket to be laid in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers ( or 'Champion's Château' as it is currently known) and also lots of work to do at home, that I have put off due to the huge amount of cricket that I have been watching.

I also have HUGE birthday party bash to sort out and also lots of international cricket to watch.

So as I packed up my bag on the boundary at Headingley yesterday and drove home on a very tired high ( due to late night and lots of free wine the night before). I realised that I was already counting down the days until the start of next season.

It's going to be a long old winter!






No comments :