Powered By Blogger

Thursday 4 September 2014

Big scream, little sigh of relief!



OMG!!!!! Yesterday was a tiara twirling, scream inducing, office chair spinning, mental cricket day I can tell you!!!.
They wait all season to give me the week of weeks!! but did those boys manage to pull off a great show of cricket .
Firstly, Champions of the world, former besty home county of Durham. Well the boys were playing to avoid relegation and really put themselves back into champions mode. After batting and bowling like mad things over the last three days yesterday they saw off Nottinghamshire in fine style. Young débutante Peter chase showed why he is a top signing and took 5-50 to give Durham a well deserved win and take them into 6th position on the championship table.

However shouting and screaming aside, they need to win their  next couple of matches to really pull themselves out of the poo.( technical cricket term).
Yes we have the 50 over semi final on Saturday, and flipping great that is going to be, but they need to focus on keeping on a winning championship road.

And talking about Saturday, I have declared that it is to be my birthday party ( like the Queen I am having two birthdays this year). Since the stork got all its direction wrong in November 1993 and dropped me in the icy wastes of the north instead of the heady hazy sunshine of the south, I miss out on having a party in the cricket season..............................and so I am declaring Saturday 6th September my unofficial birthday. well any excuse for jelly and icecream, sausage rolls, cake and 'seaside' sandwiches!

Now to besty home county of Tykeshire ( of which I am Princess Royal). My Tykes went out to win and no doubt about it However they were not just going to win they were going to completely wallop their foes from the 'dark side'. Which they did by an innings  and 18 runs
Adil Rashid took 5- 117 and His Royal Ryanness took a wicket too ( 652 FC wickets), however he was dropped later and was a little bit miffed about it. No doubt he will have done his foot stamping thing!
Sadly Andrew gale has been banned for the last two matches of the season, after being reported by umpires for using language or a gesture that is obscene or  of a serious insulting nature. Now look, those guys  in the white coat are always sticking their fingers up! and not always in favour of who I would like!, however Galey has to pull together with  the team and look beyond this.

Let me tell you sometimes at cricket I say things like 'blinking heck that was a terrible shot young man' and ' for chuffs sake what on earth did you think when you played that awful shot'. I am surprised that I haven;t been banned. ( 'more liked banned for being a drunk on the boundary' Mr funky the chauffeur).
All this aside Yorkshire have gone 6 points clear and also need to win their next matches.

Hampshire also won by an innings and 34 runs which is keeping them in the top two of Division Two.

Its all going off in cricket land!

I can hardly contain myself!!!!



No comments :