Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Middle of the week



So yesterday dawned foggy and yukky but it did get better which meant that former besty home county of  Durham were able to go out and get some play in. However poor 'Bambi Boy' was still down on his luck and was once again dismissed for a big fat 0!!

Stoneman put on runs with Borthwick but it was down to Captain Colleywobble and Borthwick to pile them on, and they did with the captain hitting 101 and 'badger hitting 136.
Durham closed on 362-8, which was a brilliant days knock.

The weather is looking unsettled here but hopefully they will get to play today as we don't look to have had any  rain over night.

In other cricket news Jonathan Trott says he is ready to get back with England. My thoughts, well to be honest I think that he needs to give England a miss for a season and get himself really pulled together. I can see the shambles of last winter happening over again, and much as I like Trott, I also think that if he cannot make it through a tour and has to come home again, it will as previously have a detrimental effect on the rest of the team.
Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is being looked at here at Tykes Towers or more to the point a bigger suitcase, yes I am getting ready for the weekend in London and as the weather forecast is changing hourly I am packing everything that I own, in a 'just in case' way.

I am hoping that the weather will be warm enough for a dress but can see me in thermals and 20 layers!! Never a good look for possibly being on SKY!!!


Dame Didi has  discovered the joys of having your shopping delivered. Being a little bit too unwell to go and get the food in for the monster children, she had it delivered. How easy was that! and now she can sit with a cup of tea and a biscuit whilst someone else does the donkey work.


Well time is rapidly moving on and I am off to super swanky Lady Lainey office to try to get things into some kind of order as no doubt in the hour that I left them office boys on their own last night, all hell will have broken out!.

I also must put some serious effort into getting a bath installed here at the Towers, shaving your legs in the bidet is not ideal!!!!.

Bon journee



No comments :