Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 September 2014

Winners are grinners




So yesterday we set off in rain to Chester le Street not expecting the game to start on time, but it did. I had forgotten that it would be on Sky and hadn't washed the curls, however 'robocam' man wasn't so interested in filming my hair but catching me when I had my cake hole stuffed full of.......................well cake, and pizza and ham salad etc.

I could give you a blow by blow break down of the match, but why the heck should I as there is only one thing to say, Durham won and we are off to lords! yes I am going 'home' and flipping glad I am too.

now as Durham are my former besty home county you might be wondering why I am so glad that they won, well

1. I sit through rain,  wind and sometimes sunshine to watch them
2. I struggle there inspite of the temperature spiking, heart palpitating lurgy that I have been blighted with for the past three years
3. I cannot get to see besty home county of Tykeshire as much as I would like
4. I am a gold member of Durham.( get my monies worth)

Ok here is the match in a nutshell. Durham were put into bat and Ben Stokes ( yes be prepared there is praise coming up). hit an amazing 164 to give Durham a brilliant score of 353-8 in their 50 overs.

Notts went into bat and 'Big' John Hastings took first blood, followed by Chris Rushworth who took three and looked in top form 9 months into his year long dry challenge. James Taylor stood his ground and hit 114 before being bowled by Stokes.
Gareth Breeze in his last match ever at The Riverside took three wickets to see his playing days at Chester le street off on a fantastic note.

Everyone in the ground ( Notts supporters excluded) were on their feet and their were lots of happy faces.
Henry Rushworth was cheering for his Daddy whilst wearing his Durham  t' shirt and hoodie. very smart he looked too as he pulled pepperoni off pizza and ate it as quickly as he could!

And so Twitter was fully alive with Durham tweets and I was transported back to the heady holiday in France last year when Durham won the championship and I couldn't keep up with the tweets, nearly blowing up the Wifi ( of wiffy as it is known in France) in the process.

Well time to calm down and gear myself for my Tykes going in for the kill this week against Nottinghamshire  ( starting on Tuesday and being recorded whilst I am at work).
The next couple of weeks are going to be goodies due to gaining another cricket day!
She thought it was all over, but gets another match!!!!


No comments :