Powered By Blogger

Monday 27 October 2014

Back to work!



So the weekend is over and it is back to all things mundane. I am guessing that cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo is glad the weekend is over after him and his boys took a fair old pasting on Saturday, yes they did a 'Sunderland' and got hammered by Bournemouth 8-0. On the plus side, he didn't get a card of any colour!!!

I did lots of things in Chateau de Champions yesterday which included the usual washing ( how does one person amass so much washing?). And then I was clearing through some things and found a lot of old 'cricket' stuff, including programmes signed by Angus Fraser, Glenn Macgrath, lots signed by Ronnie Irani and the champagne cork that Ronnie popped in my sort of direction and Mr Funky the chauffeur  hung over the boundary boards to retrieve for me. Oh well by that time the day flew by as  I worked my way through my 'life' in cricket. What a wonderful waste of an afternoon.


In real time cricket Australia lost to Pakistan in Dubai, but I think that we all knew that was going to happen.

Middlesex have also dumped their T20 name of 'Panthers' and are going to be known as Middlesex CCC across all forms of the game. However 'Pinky' their mascot has survived! He is no where near as good as 'Chester ' the lion who is the mascot for Durham Jets, I very often end up laughing until I cry at Chester, although I know a four legged lady who would is not too keen on him.

It is under a month until England take to the field in Sri Lanka. I am looking forward to seeing how they fair.

Today is a full on busy day as I arranged with 'der Big boss' on Friday that  all of our archiving ( which is threatening to swamp us), will be packed off into one of the site managers vans on December 5th to make its journey down to HQ.
December 5th is now the day of the office Xmas Gut bash, we have made the decision not to go down to London for their 'do' but to go off to Bannatynes Hotel as we did last year. I just hope that we do not end up in the sleezy pub by the station again at the end of the night!.


Oh well that's my round up and pretty damn boring it is today. I think I will either have to make something up or hope for some great news in the coming week.

have a great Monday







No comments :