Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 October 2014

Nearly the weekend .....................








......................well it's Thursday,  its chucking it down with rain outside,and my thoughts are turning to the weekend, will I be flying off to Fort Bourtange in Holland?  Will I be flying off to Spain for a spot of sun, chances are I will be 'flying' down the local Co op to do my shopping and then doing the usual, housework at Chateau de Champions.

OMG how flipping boring am I becoming?
The end of the domestic cricket season has seen I, Lady Lainey turning very slowly into a semi couch potato ( re watching '24'), and the fact that it is so cold outside means that even the thoughts of a brisk walk/jog seem to disappear the moment that I set foot into the warmth of the  'chateau'.

However now that the back is feeling a little better ( i.e I can walk unaided), I feel that this weekend will be the chance to do something constructive.

In cricket, Scotland have been playing matches 'down under' and not too successfully for them it appears.This was 'dubbed' their World Cup warm up tour and their first match at the end of last month against  Tasmania (the little devils!) saw them well and truly beaten by 186 runs.

However a few days later after a stern team talk, they puled up their socks adjusted their sporrans and beat Tasmania by 10 runs.

Yesterday saw them in New Zealand where they played out a thrilling match. The final score
New Zealand ( or Zealia as I renamed them recently WITHOUT the aid of wine), 263 in their 50 overs. Scotland 262!!!! in their 50 overs. That would have been a great match to see.

As you know I have Scotland play many times when they have ventured south of the border to play at Chester le Street and over the years they have become a stronger team. Good luck to them.

The Yorkshire boys announced the details of their pre season tour to Abu Dhabi and Dubai, I had a little look as I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and go and visit friends in Dubai. Hmmmm all was going well until I got to the upgrade and then the  single supplement.............................anyone want a room mate?.

And talking Yorkshire, the boys head off to the Palace today to be acknowledged as champions and have a spot of lunch.

Good for them, well deserved.

I am now debating whether to wash the orange curls? Its still hosing it down so I am going to give it a miss, it'll be soaked by the time I get into the office and by 10am will have icicles hanging from it due to the lack of heating ( still).

THERMALS AHOY!!!!!



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

You are one lucky girl, walking unaided now. Wish I was!!!! Never mind got my "crutch" to take me to hospital today.

DD