Powered By Blogger

Monday 10 November 2014

Back to firing on all cylinders



Yes I am back in the land of the sober and hangover free!!!! After a wild weekend, South African style, I am back down to 'Durham style' with a bump, because today it is back to super swanky ( boys are manky) Lady Lainey office.

Oh well all good things must come to an end!!!



Joe Root has been saying to the press that England can 'spring a surprise' and  win the World Cup. Now I am as patriotic as the next Englishwoman, and I love little Joey Root to bits, but I am thinking that he is not seeing things very straight. Much as I would love to see England in full cricket mode, I think that the last few months have not been kind to the team. I hope that I am wrong and Joe is right!

I watched  quite a bit of cricket over the weekend ( when I wasn't cross eyed) and am amazed by Australia as they continue to show form, lose it, show form, lose it. South Africa have been much the same. Meanwhile India won the series against Sri lanka . It looks as if all teams are trying to get their acts together.

We will see England in action soon, and I have everything crossed for them.

There is still lots of tooing and froing in the Counties here in England as players continue to sign new contracts or move on to other counties.
 Ajmal Shahzad has signed to Sussex after leaving Nottinghamshire a year early. I saw him play at Chester le street last season and he has a very strange bowling run up which ends in him looking as if he is about to break his ankle!!!!
Shahzad had played at Yorkshire where he became the first Yorkshire born player of Asian extraction, he did not however really make his mark there and moved on to Lancashire on loan.

Oh well another short one today but time is running away and I need to be on my way to work........................................OMG!!!! what a hideous word that is!!!!


However only 5 days and then the weekend again and
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

This is going to be the longest week on record!





No comments :