Powered By Blogger

Thursday 13 November 2014

Birthday wish list part three



Birthday wish part three is for a membership of Scarbella Cricket Club ( Scarborough to the uninitiated). I seemed to have spent quite a few weekends there last season and the season before, so a membership would come in jolly flipping handy. it also means that I will be within touching distance of the Yorkshire dressing room, although that would  probably  mean I am in serious touching distance of a restraining order!!!!!!!!!!

Today I should have been  're oranged' after having the barnet coloured last night, but I just could not be bothered when I left the office, so I am guessing that I will be having it done tonight or tomorrow!!! lastminute.com

Yeahhh!!! some crickety news.....of a sort. Umpires discussions are going to be broadcast during the upcoming  ODI's between Australia and South Africa. it is apparently to make viewers have  a clearer understanding of umpiring. Well I think I have  a pretty good handle on it.


Fielding team  'HHHHOOOOWWWWZZZAAATTTTT!!!!!!

Umpire    Errrr ( glancing away from nubile young woman in skimpy top in the crowd) Not out,err hang on *draws a square to make umpire sat in Pavilion earn his crust*

Long wait while they wake up said umpire and make him watch a TV replay. He then throws a coin, says 'heads or tails' and  Hey Presto result!!!!

I am hoping that if they do 'mic' them up it will be pretty interesting.
As I know a couple of ex International Umpires, I also know that the talk around the dinner table is often re a decision that they made. Which made for a pretty boring evening I can tell you. Much as I love cricket reliving 'outs' was not my idea of a fun filled Test match evening!!!

Kind of think if they mic up umpires at Chester le Street in April, all you will hear are teeth chattering!!!!!


Well time for the 'orrff' to super Swanky Lady Lainey office, to my little haven of tranquillity. I am now in my own little bubble of peace and harmony whilst mangy boys are running amok.

However before I go......................................

Also a very big birthday wish to Jane who is having her 21st birthday today. I hope that you have a wonderful day and get your flowers from Interflora ( less 10%).
Have a super flipping fabulous day.

No comments :