Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 November 2014

It's F(ryan)day and I'm off to Yorkshire!


After a week being in my 'bubble of calm ' in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office , I am relieved that it is finally F(ryan)day, which is the signal that it is nearly the weekend. Wooooohooooo.

However it is going to be another mad old weekend which kicks off tonight in Helmsley , North Yorkshire where I am hosting a wine tasting for the local WI, as you will remember  I did this in the summer just up the road from Helmsley and boy did those WI ladies like wine!!!.

I am staying overnight at the fabby  'boutique' B & B just off the high street  and then tomorrow I am going to wend my way home via former home of Stokesley where I might just have a little wander around. Then back to the Chateau to the more mundane things like housework and washing and.........................oh no!!! I can't even bear to think about it.


So is there any cricket news of interest to us? Well to be honest not  much, Aaron Finch hit a ton which is great news from the former 'Yorkie', and it helped Australia to a 73 run win against South Africa.

I have just read that Ian Cockbain has signed until 2017 with Gloucestershire, so today has to be the day when Yorkshire announce  the same deal with his Royal Ryanness. 'COME ON' we all want him there for another couple of seasons ( well I do and I am the one that counts in this blog!!!).


Yesterday saw the release of the 2015 Beaujolais Nouveau, now I love a bit of nouveau mainly due to the fact that it is released around the time of my birthday. so I toddled into the local Co op and asked if they had any.  'Oh I think it's up that aisle' she said pointing to the furthest area from the wine. I wandered over and found myself in with 'paper products'.
I wandered back to the check out and said, 'Beaujolais Nouveau is wine, do you have any'

She looked at me and laughed ' I though it was new type of toilet roll'

I live in culturally bypassed town!!!

'I'm a lady get me out of here!!!!'

And so I have to leave you with that as I have lots of 'stuff' to load into the car, and then spend the morning with the 'moaners'.


Never mind at midday I am on my way to Yorkshire, what better way to start the weekend?








No comments :