Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Yeayyy!!!! half way through the week



It's pouring with rain here in the North of Blighty and my nose is pouring too ( way too much information). Mr Funky the chauffeur messaged me yesterday to tell me that he didn't have 'Lurgy' but had 'mange', well Funky Doodle, you had best stay on your side of the village as I do not want to be 'mangey' as well as lurgyfied!!!

The shocking news of the horrendous accident that happened yesterday to Phil Hughes  has sent shock waves round the cricket world. He is still in a critical condition and will be having further scans. He has been placed into a medically induced coma. The hospital issued information yesterday  and have said that a further update will be given after the results of the scan.

Our thoughts are with his family who sadly were at the game and witnessed the accident.


Well!, Well!, Well!, who would have thought it, hands up? ( I did!!) Steve Finn is on the injury list!! Groin strain(!!!!). He is in doubt for today's ODI!!!!!!! OMG not another few weeks holiday courtesy of the ECB!!! Wow that boy knows how to get a freebie!. Apparently he pulled up with a 'little niggle', What the room service was slow?, not getting 'Star TV in his room?'.

Please note that I did say this would happen, and I am proven right again. Heres hoping that they pass him fit to play but I very much doubt it!

Oh yes and it is raining again in Sri Lanka so we may not even get any cricket, however I have set to record and will home and tucked up watching tonight.


I went out for a walk yesterday lunchtime, to see how things were progressing at Darlington cricket club. After selling off the old Feethams Football ground for housing, they made a mint and are having a grand reopening on Friday evening. The Pavilion has been repainted, the bar is being given an overhaul and the ground is now smaller with huge fences around it.
No longer will I be able to sit on the benches by the river, chatting to everyone and totally oblivious to a flipping filthy big rat next to my feet. Ah yes the looks of mirth on the faces of Alan Walker and Daddy Rushworth at my total oblivion to it!!! the delight of Pasha as she tried to get the pesky blighter. yes all gone now!!!! I will have to find a new seat.

Oh well, time to fire up the Dame Didi Daimler, which I am using this week to give it a bit of a run, as it had been sitting patiently on her drive waiting to go out for a motor. As The Dame has not yet got her 'driving legs' back I am making use of it.

And we are booked for Christmas Eve lunch at Smoke Barbecue in Sheffield, I am super excited, this is the second year running and I am hoping it is even better than last year. yes 1pm on the dot we will be heading through the doors!!

So until tomorrow............


No comments :