Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Late night and a lie in



It is nearly 9am and I have just crawled out of my bed, this is due  to the fact that I didn't go to bed until nearly 2am!!!!!! Yes I stayed up until the wee small hours. 'Why??'  I hear you ask.

Was I out whooping it up and drinking copious amounts of wine?
Was I entertaining guests who wouldn't go home?

Well truth is I was watching cheesy christmas films on the TV, and knitting!!!!!

KNITTING??????
Yes indeedy I have once again been bitten by the knitting bug and am currently 'cableing' myself a throw for the lounge! Yes after the spate of cricket jumper tea cosies ( of which I still have one to post Sorry Simon and Sam) I am using my newly developed cable technique to make a throw for the sofa.

I probably will have been able to buy one cheaper but the  I decided to knit my own!


I did not even watch any cricket!!!

Which was great for all Antipodean teams.

New Zealand beat Sri Lanka and have now won five tests in a calendar year for the first time.
Brendon McCullum beat his own record as he scored the fastest century by a New Zealander, and the wonderful 'unofficial' Yorkshireman  Kane Williamson helped to guide the team to victory.

BRILLIANT!!!!! and I can't wait to see them when they are in Blighty next summer.

Australia were edging in to a good position against India and need only to draw this match to take the series. Shaun Marsh played a blinding innings and his key half century saw the hosts  in a 326 run lead.

It's hotting up down under....................

Which is more than can be said about here, where it is even more white and 'crucnchy' and  flipping freezing to boot.

I foresee that I , Lady Lainey will not be trip trapping to the metropolis of Ladylaineyville in my Jimmy Choos today! not on your nellie!!!, I will be wearing my flipping Hunters for extra traction.
I might have a well cushioned derrière, but no way do I want to land on it!!!!!


So off to have boiled eggs and soldiers for my brekkie before heading out into the Arctic conditions  ( yes I know I am over egging the pudding  but it is cold!).

Keep warm where ever you are.

No comments :