Powered By Blogger

Thursday 18 December 2014

Thursday already!!



Yip de flipping skip it is Thursday and it's cold and my thoughts are turning to next season and my 'cocktail party' at the Headingley Lodge on the evening of the T20 game between My Tykes and My Durham.  Yes I am planning it now to make sure that it runs with military precision. Simon and Sam are coming, I invited Daddy Rushworth but have yet to have a response  I am sure if he is in the 'hood' he will pop up to my room, he usually does and eats my biscuits!
I haven't invited anyone else as I don't know who else will be there but if its only us we could be a bit squiffy before the game even starts!!! ( no chuffing change there for me).

I have even cheekily asked the Lodge for a room on the 2nd floor rather than the 3rd as you do get a better view. Insider knowledge!

A great view is what you always got at the County Ground at Chelmsford. This was and still is a ground that holds lots of very happy memories for me, from my time living in the south of blighty. It was also the last 'home' of Ronnie Irani, he was a huge fave of I , Lady Lainey....................oh I am rambling down memory lane at a speed of knots!!!

Anyhoooo the reason for mentioning Chelmsford is that they are having a super flipping massive make over and it will be on going during the up coming season. they are building some apartment blocks ( not sure where as the ground is in the middle of town and not too large), and improving the county ground.

I have not been there for several eons so may have to fire up the Lady Lainey limo and head down to have a look, or maybe wait until 2016 season! I think I will be too busy racing from Chester Le Street to Headingley  and throwing in a bit of Rose Bowl and Bristol, I think that is quite enough for 2015.


Australia are taking on Indian  in the second test, where on day one India looked in a good position  thanks to Murali Vijays century, but it is early days!!!

England are on their way home and should come back looking very down in the mouth, but knowing some of the egos on the tour i doubt that very much. hopefully after Christmas at home and some serious talking to, the boys will head off in January with a will to win.


It is now only one week to Christmas day, the day when Dame Didi and I will watch the news and cry at soldiers being away from their loved ones, children in hospital having to suffer the rounds from would be celebrities ( enough to cause a relapse!), and then go down and eat the most GINORMOUS breakfast ever, before retiring to our room for a nap!

I can't wait!!!!

No comments :