Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 December 2014

Weather woes



OMG, I was out last night until late ( e.g after 9pm) and was chauffeured home in the most appalling weather , we were buffeted about by the wind and lashed by rain and as for warmth..............well there was a distinct lack of that, except for the car heating which was belting out. And today does not look as if it will improve at all, in fact they have been mentioning the worst four letter word that I Lady Lainey could ever hear...................................yes SNOW!!!
Well I flipping well hope that it does not materialise as I chufffing well hate snow and ice.

So the question of the day is which hat will I wear to keep the orange afro in check.? No idea, but I know for sure there will be one plonked on top of my head as I exit the house!


In the warmer climes of Australia they were playing a blinder  and declared on their overnight score of  517-7, putting India into bat on the third day.

Also news from OZ is that Little Timmy Bresnan second besty Tyke bowler ( and we all know who is the best, don't we?) is going out to play in the BBL for Hobart. this will be just to get him back into the game before he heads out with the 30 strong team for the World Cup next January.

England were thwarted by the weather in Sri Lanka as they had nearly as much rain as we are having here in Blighty.

I am trying to get myself organised to head off to Super swanky Lady Lainey office but it is slow going. As I said I stayed out late last night, as we had a wine tasting at  Bistro 21 in Durham. this was with a lovely group of ladies from FIND, which is a networking group.

the food at the Bistro was wonderful as usual, however the wine went down very well and as one of the husbands offered to pick us up, we all did partake a tad too heartily of the fruit of the vine., needless to say there might be a few bunnies this morning not so bright eyed and bushy tailed.


Ans so I am about to head out, I can hear the wind howling outside and  it is still pitch black outside.

Oh well off I jolly well go.




No comments :