Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 January 2015

AND WE HAVE SNOW....QUITE A LOT ACTUALLY



yes indeedy doody, the scene from the second bedroom window this morning is not one that I really wanted to wake up to. The flipping Deer Park is completely white.

It started snowing as I was off to besty friend Frans for an Indian head Massage ( very nice and I will be having that again!). When I came out 2 hours later there was a blanket of snow and it took me nearly 40 minutes to get from one end of the town to the other.

I also got lots of doggy loves form Orson ( Awesome), Mia and lucky who took such a shine to my coat that I was struggling to get it back to come home. they were so excited to see me that they brought their toys to the door. The battered white teddy, the animal of unknown origin and the one armed Rupert Bear!!!!! luckily the teddy with its pants round it's knees has long gone!

After the thrilling news from my Tykes yesterday , it was all going off in cricket world , as Perth Scorchers beat Sydney Sixers in a thrilling match ( which I have yet to see but is recorded for the weekend). top team with top boy Michael Carberry.

Ireland also had a boost when they found out that they will be in the top 10 ranking system for the 2019 World cup. this is great news for the men in green and puts Ireland in the big league ( well nearly).

Nottinghamshire have suffered a blow before the season even starts as  opener Jack Libby has injured a knee ligament ( silly sausage) playing club cricket,meaning he will be out until the end of June!!! He will then be fighting for his fitness and a first team place!.

The wind is howling out side and the sky is so grey that I fear more snow will be on it's way.

So I am off to don my hunters, and my thermals and dig the Lady Lainey limo out of the garage, just like the old days when His Royal Gorgeousness would get us up at stupid o' clock to make sure that he could get in the car and go to work.

So if you are heading out in it today, drive carefully.

Oh yes and I am having a flying visit early evening ( weather permitting) so best go and run the hoover over. My neighbours must love me!!!!!


No comments :