Powered By Blogger

Saturday 31 January 2015

It's all 'slushy' outside!!



Yukky!!!! I looked out of the window this morning and there had been some watery snow ( sleet) over night meaning that it is now super slushy outside. I bet you can guess from the picture the footwear 'de jour', well it won't be the little suede ones that's for sure!!!

However before I set foot, or bottom as I did yesterday............. yes I went to get the Lady Lainey limo out of the garage and quicker than I can neck a bottle of champagne, I was on my bottom at the end of the drive. No graceful skating down  a la Torvill and Dean pour moi. No graceful getting up either, Bambi had nothing on me!!! I eventually got to my feet after giving the neighbours more entertainment than they are entitled to. Big bruise on my ample rear luckily no damage to former chipped elbow or former fractured coccyx and pelvis ( yes I am a walking medical marvel).

Zut alors I am off on a trip down Lainey medical memory lane and so early on a Saturday morning!!!

It is now snowing again and I have decided that there is not a pig in a wigs chance of me having a walk to Lady laineyville shops, even though I have a huge amount of 'stuff' to take to the charity shop, I will give it an hour and then make a decision.

So back to more interesting 'stuff', after England took the upper hand yesterday by bowling India out for 201 they went into bat and suffered a slight 'malfunction' when they were 66-5!!! 'Oh dear' I thought as I shuffled uncomfortably in my office chair ( it was the sore bottom not the cricket that made me shuffle around). Luckily a sixth wicket stand by James Taylor (82) and Josh Butler (67) brought England back. they will now play Australia in the final tomorrow.

My Tykes announced yesterday that their 2nd XI coach Richard Dawson was leaving the county to take up the role of  Head coach at Gloucestershire. sad loss for Yorshire where Richard had played the majority of his 12 year career, but a great scoop for Gloucestershire.

Taking about my Tykes, His Royal Ryanness was on Question of Sport last night and was looking very relaxed  and with slighty shorter hair, well if you think I am having my curls lopped off to look more like you........nope not doing it!!!!!

I am just about back to 20/20 vision after the pictures of the yorky boys in their 'skimpies'.  I am hoping that Rich Pyrah will be appearing in more usual attire in this his benefit year!

And now without further ado I need to get on with things here at the château as I have a very busy weekend ahead of me.

have a super slushy/snowy Saturday.


No comments :