Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 January 2015

it's flipping freezing here



Flipping heck,the Canadian man on't wireless told me this morning that it is -5 outside and temperatures are not going to get above 0 today, that means that the temperature in Super swanky Lady Lainey office will be about -10 today. That will not even creep to -5 no matter how many heaters we have going full blast!!!

So its , a hat, thermal and boots day for moi!

It was a busy day yesterday for all thing 'Inspired cricket' as we sorted out a place at a big cricket expo. Yes Lady Lainey will be 'expo a go go' in a few weeks and it is going to be some hard graft until then.
Good start to the year though.

England have made a good start in the match against India with Finn taking 5-33 ( that's him out of the running for the World cup now he will be knackered) and James Anderson taking  4-18. England are now chasing 154.
They are currently 31-1.
Hmmm anything could happen in the next 30 minutes. lets hope it's not a complete collapse.

I am booked to go on a tour of Headingley in February and I am super excited. I asked Mr Funky the chauffeur if he wanted to go but he said no, oh well you can't please all the people all the time. I think he is going to be hacking chunks of grass out of the ground. (otherwise known as golf). Oh well as I Lady Lainey swan round the stadium  I hope that 'Arnold Palmer isn't stuck in a bunker.

No chance of me being stuck in a bunker this morning, more chance of me hurtling down the drive on the ice faster than 'Tomba la Bomba' ( google it if you don't know who he is). I am hunting for my 'grippy things' to put on my boots as I type!!

As crickety news is slow today ( due to England still playing) and office boys have become reasonably well behaved, I will  give you a quick list of

On this day

1947 Malcolm McLaren was born ( me and my hair do a great impersonation of him)


1952 Paul Stanley guitarist with Kiss was born.

1992 Australia beat India to win the world series Cup

1996 Australia beat Sri Lanka to win the World series cup

And in America today is the day that any new President is inaugurated.

OK enough of the trivia, I am off for to be even more 'shivier!'




No comments :