Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 February 2015

Finally it is F(ryan)day




Hurrah!!! It is F(ryan)day and I am only 7 working hours away from the weekend. Oh my dog!!!  the weekend and I am off on my tour of Headingley. I am going to try to put my feet on the hallowed turf too!!!! What an 'iccle monkey' I am!!!!........that is after I have sat in His Royal Ryanness spot in the dressing room. ( and after I have been physically removed from hiding in HRR's locker).
I hope I have a good time, because in my head I have had a brilliant time already!

It is cold and icy here at the Chateau this morning and  I am already 'dressed to death' in furry socks, thermal vest and 'jeggings'. I was going to stop wearing these for the office on Fryanday's  as Trill boy gets overly excited when I walk in wearing them, however it is cold and I am not going in wearing a skirt!!!

After Brett Lee made his final  cricketing appearance last week in the BBL final ( and who will ever forget Michael Carberrys 'ramp' shot off one of Lee's yorkers), it has been announced that Brett will take up the position of bowling coach for Ireland in the run up to the world cup. Wow!!!!! Hope he stays a bit longer.


BBC sport  had put together the 10 moments that shocked the World Cup competition.

The best one by far was Kevin o' Brien knocking England for......... well the fastest century in World Cup cricket back in 2011. O' Brien was a club cricketer who got a chance and boy did he take it. he also had pink hair!!!! Yes, he had dyed it for charity.
This brought Ireland to everyones attention.

2007 saw the 'fredalo' incident!!!! Yes the BBC state it was a low point of his career, however I think it sounded the death knell on the bowling coaches Kevin Shines career!!!
It was the result of an eight hour drinking spree after England had lost  their opening match. Methinks ( belatedly) that the time would have been better spent in the nets!!!!!


2003 saw Shane Warne fail a drugs test. the Australian claimed it was a drug he had taken on the advice of his mother to help him lose weight ( WTF!!!). He had a 12 month ban and never played one day cricket for his country again, instead he had a hair transplant, got his teeth whitened and took to using botox  Estee lauder products.

2007 also saw the shocking news of Bob Woolmers death.

1999  Her serene Highness and I watched this whole series from start to finish as I was quite poorly with a fractured coccyx and mum had come 'darn sarf' to look after me. the whole of this World cup was amazing, after Hershelle Gibbs let Australian off the hook and was known to have 'dropped the World Cup'
Australia won the world cup that year and Her serene highness and I had the best time ever ( i.e lying around on the bed all day watching cricket and drinking tea).

well that is five of the ten, and if you want to see more check out the BBC Sport website.

I however have to make tracks

So until tomorrow, Happy Fryanday




No comments :