Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 February 2015

It's all going off in The World Cup!!



Well after the exploits of Ireland yesterday, taking on and beating resoundingly The West Indies. I had a little discussion with the former Cricket Ireland's director and he was  absolutely buzzing with the news.

However after all that excitement I still had a day in super swanky Lady Lainey office and I can tell already that super new Finsbury project is going to be a stinker!!! Oh joy!!!!

Yesterday was also auction day in the IPL, oh yes the day that 'he who must not be named in the blog'loves more than any other, the day that  pound/rand/rupee signs flash up in his beady eyes!!!. Well he made 20m rupees and was snapped up by Sunrisers Hydrabad along with Eoin Morgan ( hedging his bets re the rest of the World Cup???) and Ravi Bopara.

Rather surprisingly is that Michael Carberry went unsold!!!!! after being a fundamental member of the winning BBL team too!!!!!!  Well I would empty my piggy bank to buy him! but that's a completely different kettle of fish!!!


So hurriedly moving on,  it was Scotlands turn to take start their World Cup campaign. And I decided to stay up later than normal. ( and to be honest anything after 8pm is later than normal). So the match started, I nipped to answer the call of nature, and came back about 1 minute later to find Scotland 2-2. WTF!!!!!!

Dear god it went from bad to worse and I was too scared to move, not that it made much difference. At 17-4 I decided to go to bed. And woke up this morning to the news that New Zealia ( as they are known in these parts) had won!!!

No surprise there then!

I am sure that there were some strong words in the Scotland changing room!!!!

However they are in the same boat as England having lost their first match.

Tomorrow ( early doors) Bangladesh take on Afghanistan.

So back in Super swanky Lady lainey office 'radiogate' continued.
 Trill boy  stunned us all yesterday with a rousing rendition of an old  'ABC' number


Oh yes how can you ever forget that well known refrain from the song

'When Josies sings I fell violent'............................

.......................and that would have summed up exactly how I felt!!!!! he is a flipping noodle brain!!!!


oh well off for more of the same.


for those who are not familiar with the ABC song it is called 'When Smokey Sings' and the chorus is
'When Smokey sings I hear violins'!!!!






No comments :