Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 March 2015

It's another chilly morning!




Yes today is another day when you will have to scrape your cars unless they are safely tucked away in the garage. Its cold and frosty but it is light and bright and that makes things look so much better.......................


although I doubt South Africa will be seeing things better this morning  after their epic match against New Zealia, which ended their World Cup dreams. Yes they lost and I was a trifle sad for them, but that's the game, you win some you lose some.
My 'little fave' AB de Villiers said that the team had 'sore hearts', although he should be extremely proud of his boys as they played a blinding game and to the end it could have gone either way, Thrilling cricket.

However winning is always good especially when you are Yorkshire, and win they did yesterday, beating the MCC team in record time, meaning that they all get a day off around the pool today to drink G & T and put pictures on Twitter!

Captain Cook did not seem to steer the MCC team too well  with his scores of 3 & 5 it was not a great way to start his season, even eye candy for the ladies  Michael Carberry only managed 36 & 23.

However The Lady's super favourite HRR scored 3 and took 2 wickets so I am happy with that.

Not long now until I head off to Leeds for some R & R, and believe me I need it. I have finally come to accept that I am not 'Wonder Woman', I cannot do everything and I need to slow down slightly and get lots of rest. If not I can see me struggling through the summer with this damned virus which is completely debilitating me!

There I have said it!!! I have to slow down and stop trying to push myself too hard!


Ok so with that I am now going to get dressed ( no I am not 'naked typing', its far too cold for that sort of thing and I might scare the neighbours) and go and put my feet up for 7 hours whilst the boys fight amongst themselves.

So until tomorrow.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Nice picture. Although I am a bit sad about not going to the old holiday home in France for Easter, it will be fun to have Easter at home.

Please remember what I told you last night, we all have to slow the pace and take those well deserved rests......and relax!

Maybe you can find a butler to provide your bevvies when you ring your bell, unfortunately I know that if I want a drink I will jolly well have to get it myself, but who cares it may not be too long before this work thing is out of the window and I can take it easy ALL week, but more especially do that in France.

DD