Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 March 2015

It's finals day






Yes it is indeedy finals day and I was up before the birdies this morning, actually it is now just after 8am and its raining and the birds are still not singing.

back to finals though........................ New Zealia won the toss and elected to bat. Australia went in hell for leather, Captain  McCullum went first with Guptill and Williamson following. It took Elliott and Taylor to put on some runs but sadly the Aussie bowlers were not going to be happy until they had sent all the 'Black caps' back to the hutch. Which they did in 45 overs with a score of  183.


It's not a done deal for Australia though as we have seen in lots of matches in this World Cup. Time will tell.

Sad news also for all  New Zealand fans as Martin Crowe has announced that after the return of  lymphoma in September  this could be the last  cricket match that he watches.
He stated that his precarious life ahead , may not afford him the luxury of seeing many more matches.

I have just cried as I read this and hope that he once again makes a recovery from this terrible disease.


Yesterday at the Chateau I had my boiler serviced ( this is not a euphemism) and then I also had my meters read, I had another royal visit as Kiki tipped up with a bag full of groceries!!!????? Its a good job it wasn't 'Ready Steady Cook', I am not sure what we would have made with tinned rice pudding, pineapple in juice, baked beans, garden peas and natural yogurt.
Any suggestions on a post card to the usual address!!!!

I know she is going off on a cruise for a month but FFS tinned stuff will not go off!!!  It will  still be in my pantry when she gets back!

I am about to wash my hair before the start of the next session and then I am popping to see besty friend Francesca and the 'puppies' for an hour.
I am thinking that I might pop to 'Homebase' too and then it will be home time for a nap because.......................................

........I have been up since the dead of night and the clocks went forward too.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Just some thoughts for the Ready Steady Cook challenge: 1) It could make a mess
2) How about getting some bread from the cupboard and having beans on toast, maybe Ainsley has some fish fingers in the freezer to go with the garden peas and tip the pineapple into the rice pudding for a nice change. Use the natural yoghurt as a face masque!

DD