Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 March 2015

It's a sort of sunny Sunday



This picture sums up what the weather is like here at 'The Chateau' today, one side of the house is bathed in sunlight and then other side is under black clouds, I have been out in the extensive grounds this morning, and it is a tad windy but at least its not raining!......Yet


So yesterday I posted a sort of half a blog, due to the ongoing matches in the World Cup.
Well long story short. South Africa lost despite a valiant attempt by AB de Villiers who I must say I think that I have a 'little crush' on. I am sure that I will get over that very quickly as there is only room in my stone
heart  for one cricketer and I think we all know who that is. #Ladycrush  #samehair

well anyhooo I digress, the same time that SA were losing, Ireland were trying to make short work of Zimbabwe and failing, The boys in Green had posted a great score and took wickets early in the Zimbabwe innings, however Brendon Taylor's 121 gave them a fighting chance and it took Alex Cusack to hold his nerve and take the final two wickets in the last over, Ireland winning by 5 runs.

I tell you these boys are giving good cricket!

I meanwhile was well and truly stuck into the whys and wherefores of 'Quantity Surveying in the highway infrastructure'. Well it was a way to waste a Saturday!!!!  or was it?????????

Today I have my nose back in that little gem of information and  also have the delights of a quick trip to Sainsburys. I tell you the things that I do for those office boys, they will miss me when I am gone.

Today I awoke to the news that New Zealand had turned over Afghanistan which is no surprise really, but I have great admiration to the players of the team, most of them learnt to play cricket in refugee camps, and look where they are now!!! Amazing!

Australia are currently taking on Sri Lanka. Glenn Maxwell has hit a 51 ball century which has brightened my day as he is becoming a 'Tyke' this season.

Sri Lanka are chasing  378.

So with that round up I am about to throw my self in the shower, grab a cup of coffee, put out the recycling and rubbish, have a quick spin to the tip and supermarket. then home to more reading!

have a super Sunday



No comments :