Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 March 2015

Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire


Yes it was well and truly a Yorkshire day yesterday as the England team for the West Indies tour was announced. there were 6!! yes 6 tykes in the line up. Root, Bairstow, Ballance, Plunkett,Lyth and Rashid. well done to all the boys however this leaves the team a little short for the start of the season. We still have Brooks and Sidebottom in the line up so as long as His Royal Ryanness keeps himself fit  I am a happy bunny.
 I predict Alex Lees and Jack Leaning coming to the fore this season.

The fact that so many Tykes have been selected though says a lot about how Yorkshire are training their boys. Well done coach!

There was also a statement from National selector  James Whittaker who stated that 'He who must not be named in the blog' is not part of the England plans, despite him being sure that they will take him back. Come on you selectors stay strong..........................and I  see the lure of the IPL  being stronger now.

Well South Africa made short work of Sri Lanka yesterday and were looking good.

India are facing Bangladesh at the moment.....................however they all have there feet up with a cup of tea as rain has stopped play.

I am all geared up for the start of the season and am wending my way to Leeds to extend my Easter break, those lovely ladies at the lodge have sorted me out a room and I am 'going home' for a few days............and lots of Yorkshire tea too.

Dame Didi has put Chateau Saltburn on the market and is now packing up 'stuff' in preparation for her crossing of La Manche to go back home to live. At least she is going to the best place................. not only France but the Champagne Region................my favourite place of all.

I try not to be political here in the blog or to comment on sensitive issues however yesterday I was horrified to see what had occurred in Tunis,most especially in The Bardo Museum.
This museum houses some of the most amazing Roman artefacts and mosaics in the world and is a wonderful place.
The events yesterday shocked me to the core and my thoughts are with the families of all concerned.

Ok, onward now and nearly time to head out in the fog............................yes it is flipping foggy here in Lady Laineyville, I am sure that it is not a 'heat haze' judging by the fact that I am shivering like a mad thing here in my dressing gown.


Have a wonderful day where ever you are and remember

YORKSHIRE,YORKSHIRE,YORKSHIRE




No comments :