Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 April 2015

Humdrum Thursday



And so my time in at the heady heights of Headingley have rapidly came  to an end. Booooohooooo. This morning I didn't wake up to the sound of lawn mowing and leather on willow, but was woken up at 4.30am by  the 'local market stall holder' filling his van and then hurtling off down the road.................not quite the same in anyone's books!.


Yesterday was wall to wall sunshine as I watched Yorskhire  bowl out the Uni for 202. However in their innings they closed overnight on  126-6. Hmmmmmmm.

On the bowling front Tim Bresnan took his 400th wicket and Jacky Brooks  was in top form taking 3 wickets and showing some excellent fielding too. Jack is much shorter of hair this season  and I was hoping that it would not have the 'Samson effect' however it doesn't appear to have. And he is still donning his headband!


Rich Pyrah was out playing and luckily he was fully attired!!!!!


Karl Carver and Will Rhodes were also looking good on the bowling front taking 2 & 1 respectively.


News that His Royal Ryanness will not be playing T20 or One Day cricket has knocked me sideways!!!
Flipping heck, I will hardly need to take my Box Brownie down to the boundary now!, this is all for the best though to prolong his playing career which in my books is the most important thing. He is on standby though and with the team being quite low on the ground with players I foresee some outings for him. PHEWWWWW I was having a bit of a panic attack there!


News from the Windies ( and no shock to me) is that Stuart Broad is crocked!!!! Well he lasted longer  over the winter than I had anticipated.

The press is still full of  'The problem Child' and to be honest if they just stopped writing about him he might just go away! With the exit of  Paul Downton  from the ECB, rumours are flying that this removes another blockade to his return to the England team...............................................yes becoming an Italian cricket follower is now looking more and more on the cards!

Oh well, it is back to doing all things Lady Laineyish today. I cannot believe that I will not be watching cricket in the sunshine in Headingley........................... not long to my next jaunt though!


Have a great day and make the most of the sunshine where ever you are.


No comments :