Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 April 2015

Where has the sun gone?



Well the view from my bedroom window this morning is not like this! and I don't mean Headingley!. There is no blue sky and there appears to be water falling onto my slightly parched garden, which in some ways is good but in others.............well we can't have wall to wall sunshine all the time can we?

Flipping heck I had just managed to prise myself out of my liberty bodice and thermals, looks like they will be back on again!

After the sad news yesterday of Richie Benaud, all forms of social media were full of tributes to the man who became known as the 'voice of English summer'.
A great cricketer, who spanned decades and was known by all cricket fans world wide.

Things are gearing up now for the first 'real' match of the season, as tomorrow sees the start of the 4 day county championship matches.

As you will have noted I have not made my prediction for this year as I am still mulling it over.
I want to see Yorkshire do it again but with a very depleted quad due to England duties I am hard pushed to see it happen. Having looked at the other sides though I am sticking with My Tykes, as I think that they may produce a few surprise players coming up from the ranks.

I see Hampshire making it to the middle of the 1st Division table, and former besty home county of Durham could make it into the top five, if they don;t lose too many players through injury.


So what to do today, now that it is cold, windy and overcast?
well luckily I got all my washing done yesterday and it is now dry and sorted, so I think that as soon as I am finished here I will pop back to bed for forty more winks and then see how the day pans out.

IPL is upon us too and I managed to catch some over the last couple of nights.
Its fast and furious and sometimes a little boring, but it is cricket and that's the important thing.

Okey Dokey, I am off to have a spot more rest, as the doctor ordered, but I will be back.....................


No comments :