Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 May 2015

Cricket Sunday but..................



I prepared all the 'cric nic' yesterday with the exception of the soup and coffee which can be sorted out in a juffy, so I am having a crafty lie in and 'tippy typing ' this on my 'lapdog'.
I felt a little under the weather yesterday so decided to take it easy ( only 2 loads of washing!). Today I feel better....ish..... however reading the papers has not put me in a good mood.

Peter Moores left his position with the ECB yesterday and Andrew Strauss took over as Director of Cricket. The papers and Twitter are full of Gillespie the Gallant taking over the England coaches role, however as Pauly Paul highlighted. Jason did not take the position in South Australia, so is this a good sign? or were his eyes on a bigger prize?

The role in South Australia would have meant that he could have taken his family lock stock and barrel back home to OZ, that combined with taking a coaching role in the IPL may be a hint of the rumours being unfounded. However only time will tell.

News from Lancashire  is that 'Fatty' Flintoff will not be playing for them this season.................thank goodness for that , he turned last season into a complete circus.

Today is a cricket day as I said, the weather is cold and damp and the sky is a ' not too promising' shade of grey. I suspect that thermals and woolly hats will be the order of the day.

Dame Didi is gearing up for her trip back home to France to purchase a new Chateau, I was busy making my shopping list to replenish my supplies. Coffee, Harissa, sea salt, dijon mustard ( Amora please) and if there is any space in the Didi Daimler, some wine and champers. Oh nearly forgot, coffee filters size 2.

There the list is complete, and I should be set up for a while with that.

I would ask her to bring me some of these cakes


But I don;t think they would survive the journey.

If you are thinking that these look a 'tad rude' as I did!!! and ended up screaming with laughter in  'Hyper U'.

They are called 'glands'...................................I will leave you to Google translate that................and it's not what you think!!!

so have a wonderful cricket day ( weather permitting)
And although I will be freezing in Chester le Street, I will be keeping a close eye on Headingley.






No comments :