Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 May 2015

It's F(ryan)day



I am hoping that today is a 'good' F(ryan)day, after all it is now soooooo nearly the weekend. I am 7 working ( and I use that term very loosely) hours away from 'party weekend' which after last week will involve lots of drinking of 'Diet coke'!!!


So yesterday was the start of the 1st test against New Zealia. England went into bat and made a very shocking show in the top order. it took little Joey Root and Ben stokes to halt the serious decline that has become known as English cricket. Wickets fell so fast that it too Moin Ali by surprise and he couldn't back back from the nets to the pavilion to pad up for his 'turn'.
In hind sight this was not a bad thing as Stokes very nearly hit a century, as did Joey Root who was halted 2 runs away from the magic number.

This helped England steady the ship and sailed back into harbour last night on 354-7.

However the waters around the Home of cricket are still a little choppy as there has been no word on whether Gillespie the Gallant will take on the role of England coach. Andrew Strauss did offer up that a coach may come after The Ashes. So what does that actually mean?????


Tonight see T20 action and  although not for us here in the icy wastes of the North, we will just have to see what is on 'True movies' to keep us entertained.

Yesterday I was berated on Twitter for my 'Durham Coach bashing'. So let me just set the record straight.

This is MY blog

I write in MY blog what I think.

If you want to sing the praises of the the Durham Coach write YOUR own blog!

I am not 'Anti Durham' I have been a member from day one, ( how many other readers have been?). I am however a great supporter of the County of my birth ( Yorkshire) and also closely follow Hampshire.
I am a great lover of cricket and was brought up in a great cricketing family ( where some members still play today at the ripe old age of 67!!! now that is a true love of the game!).

I do not just 'bash' Durham, I also comment on other teams and write as I see fit...................................and am off on a rant..........................on F(ryan)day!!!!!!!


So now that I am fired up I  guess I had better go and take it out on office boys!!!!!







No comments :