Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 May 2015

It's a Girl!!!



Yes indeed, we have a new Princess, and well done that girl for catching all the hacks on the hop and arriving in record time, leaving all the journos outside the Lindo Wing, still adjusting their ties and applying their lipstick ( the lady hacks that is!).

At 8.34am yesterday morning The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to an 8lb 3oz baby girl.

By late afternoon Prince George had arrived to see his sister and by just after 6pm  The Duke and Duchess and sleeping baby went home for some privacy and rest.

Congratulations, I love babies.


other news that came through to me yesterday was via text, as I got a message from The President of Middlesex CCC saying that I should be having lunch with him at Lords!!!! I text back saying that had I known I was invited I would have been there like a shot. Not to worry though as we are now planning lots of 'meet ups' including Chester le Street in August.
Imagine 'El Presidenti' and I having to be on our best behaviour!!!!

Sporting Alfaz cicket ground being on  of the scenes of various misdemeanours, and I will never forget evenings watching 'Trumpers' cricket at MTS drinking 'overproof rum' and diet coke!
Oh yes so many brilliant times, and more to come.
And to think that Aycliffe CC had no idea they had such a legend in  their midst in November.

So looking forward to another mad summer with Harry ( and Blossom, who will no doubt keep us both in check!)

Oh dear me, it was all going off in The West Indies yesterday, as new Royal baby was going home, England looked like they should have been packing their cases too. After dismissing the W I for 189, they took to the crease..............................and very soon 5 of them were back in the hutch!! At least Trotty put some 'scores on the doors' although 'the man with no lips' went for a duck again! Those West Indian boys have got his number!!!

Even my England pin up boy, little Joey Root couldn't get a decent score and believe me 1 is not even close!!!!
England closed at 39-5

I am thinking that Middlesex President would have had a great day yesterday with the West Indies bowling well and Middlesex giving Durham a run for their money, as they closed the day  329-4

And now to today......................its raining...................end of......................so until tomorrow.



No comments :