Powered By Blogger

Saturday 30 May 2015

It's a late one today




Due to the fact that I didn't go to bed until 1am!!!!....................yes you read that correctly, 1am!!!! I did not get home from cricket until about 11pm and by the time I had filled the dishwasher, sorted out the laundry and taken my slap off it was very very late ( or early as the case may well have been).

Oh my dog!!!!! I am running late this morning.

sadly the normally glamorous Lady lainey who would normally look like the picture above actually looks like this  


as I race about trying to get things done.


now it has been brought to my attention, that there are two things that I do an awful lot of, and its not watching cricket!!!
Apparently I do an awful lot of washing and I spend a lot of time at Homebase.

well let me set the record  straight.

1. I do not sleep in my bedding for more that 7 days

2. I have  5 lots of work clothes and then the weekend clothes to launder.

3. I do not leave my dressing gown for 3 years without a dunk in soapy suds.

4. I use a clean towel everyday.

5. I am having the chateau redecorated and need inspiration

6. I am not a B & Q or Wickes 'girl'

7. I obviously have way too much time on my hands!!!!

Now that this is recorded I hope that you understand my frantic twin tub action and jaunts to 'Tindale Crescent' at the weekend.

Now on to the other thing that takes up way too much of my time, cricket.

so last night was the grand debut of the new 'Floodlights' at the Riverside Ground.

we were there and ready for 7pm. True to the form of days of old in the Durham/Yorkshire derby, as the players were about to set foot on the field the heavens opened. The umpires, who I have detected do not like to get their hair wet, turned tail and headed back up the stairs for a cup of tea!

after a delay Durham came into bat and hit a 182 off their 20 overs.

I was cheering like mad for my Tykes as they came into bat, as wickets tumbled too quickly for my liking, I thought that Pauly Paul and Dynamo Dom were about to put their coats on ready for the off.!!! However Captain Gale steadied the ship slightly and then Little Timmy Brenan came in and hit a brilliant 30 which started to get the crowd ( i.e me) a little excited this could go down to the wire.

sadly though my boys lost by 6 wickets, however a great game.................if not a strange one. How odd to be sitting watching cricket at 9.30pm!!! and driving home in the dark!

Oh and there was a test match started yesterday which saw Jimmy Anderson take his 400th test wicket. And saw the day end with New Zealia on  297-8.

Today the lovely Lydia Jane and Alan are as we speak probably queuing to get through the Headingley turnstiles, as they are having a day at the test.

I know they will enjoy themselves.

And me?????

Well I am off to empty the washing machine and get the next load in , before heading off to Homebase with besty friend Francesca for a look around.

Until tomorrow

Have a great day!










No comments :