Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 May 2015

It's Monday and it's a Bank Holiday

wooohooo it is the Bank Holiday and I already have two loads of washing done, and I am about to get ready to head off to Homebase for more DIY type things. What else are Bank Holidays for????

Well there is cricket on and after a storming day by England yesterday anything could. happen!

poor little Joey Root missed out again on getting a century, but finally Captain Cook put his bat where the money is and played like a true cricketer. He was  on an unbeaten 153 at close of play and calmly walked off the field as if he had just been doing a warm up. yes finally doing his 'stuff' and doing it well
I bet Piers Morgan is quiet now!!!

Also doing well was Ben Stokes, no foul language or thumping of lockers for him yesterday as he hit an amazingly fast century only to fall on 101.

England went to bed last night having posted 429-6 leading by 295 runs.

Who knows what today holds and to be honest I am not putting all my eggs in one basket at Sainsburys this morning! Better to be safe than scrambled!!!

My Tykes were in action yesterday in County championship style down at Taunton. they looked in great form and put on 348 runs for the loss of 8 wickets.Jack Leaning hitting 123 and Little Timmy Bresnan getting 54!!!.

#COYT

News on the BBC sport website is that Yorkshire are already looking for a replacement for Gillespie the Gallant. Holy moly!!!! They are not hanging around and this is leading to extreme speculation that Dizzy is going to England!!!!

Hmmmm this is not boding well............................

however I have a cunning plan........................

Dizzy does England, Siddy does Yorkshire.

There my bank holiday is brighter already!

that sorts out all His Royal Ryanness's injury woes as he can sit on the balcony and do the crossword (  a la Geoff cook a few seasons ago!).

Now I am off to twirl my orange curls and head off to the heady heights of Tindale Crescent  ( not something that I ever thought I would be reporting in my blog!). Homebase here I come.



No comments :