Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 May 2015

Wet Sunday!



Having been woken up at 4.30am this morning by blackbirds singing their heads off I was hoping that today would be another scorcher like yesterday..................no flipping chance, it was hosing it down outside.

it is now much later and still looking grey and overcast! Luckily there is no cricket today!

well apart from the test match and the IPL final.

Yesterday was a glorious day as besty friend Francesca and I set out to Northallerton to go and  'culteralise' ourselves at an exhibition at the Joe Cornish Gallery. I of course was instantly drawn to a wonderful picture of the 'Atlas Fountain' at Castle Howard and was totally transfixed. One of my most favourite places in the world and also where I have been chased by peacocks ( again!).

We then had a spot of lunch and shopping before heading back to the train station. We decided that the 2 minute walk from the town had been very taxing so  'popped' into The Station Hotel for a 'swift half'. I asked about the cricket result and then sudden realised that I was talking to one of my Twitter friends!!!!!!! Yes I had walked into the pub that Adie was drinking in.

As if that was not strange enough, it then unfolded that his friend had been based at HMS Warrior ( NATO base) in former home town in London!!!!! and we then spent a long time chatting about the various watering holes that we knew in the area.

It was a wonderful day and by the time that I got home I was ready for bed!!!.

I watched the highlights of the Test which saw New Zealia really make their mark and also Poor Adam Lyth not even get to double figures!!!

OOOhhhhh and I also did some washing before I left for Northallerton and it was all dry when I got home!

I am now listening to wash cycle as the bedding is in having it's weekly 'swim'.

Today I am heading over to see Tzarina Katerina ( Kiki), before coming home to do very little indeed.

I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that it is being reported that Gillespie the Gallant, will take the England job if it is offered to him.

Well Jase, I suggest you get a 4 year contract at least!.

Off to have a little sniffle now!

No comments :