Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 May 2015

What to do on a wet Sunday



it's wet and it's Sunday and I have checked the weather forecast and it does not look to get any better today!

So what to do.

Well luckily I got all the washing done and dried yesterday, so I think today I will crack on with the decorating. That is the odd bits that I am doing before the man comes to do the 'bigger bits'.

Yesterday was a great day at The test Match as every ones favourite 'peanut' Adam Lyth hit his maiden test century, and at Headingley too, how much better could that have been for the Whitby boy?????

Captain Cook also became the highest scoring runs maker in test history ( how did that happen??) and Jimmy Anderson finally got 400 test wickets. Yes it was all going off.

The weather was not looking too promising but everyone managed  to get a full days cricket in.

Besty friend Francesca called round with the most amazing ginger cake I have ever eaten, and it was made by her ( very funny) other half, Paul. I voted that she keeps him as he makes a mean cake.


We decided against a trip to Homebase although with the weather the way it is today , I may 'pop' down later!

After a hideously late night on Friday I found myself still wide awake at 1.45am this morning, well this will have to stop as it is not doing me any good. I found myself an hour ago struggling to get out of bed...............not very Lady Lainey like at all.


So hopefully the rain will cease and there will be some cricket at Leeds today, however this time next week I will be 'bombing' down the A1 on my way to meet Harry and Blossom, El Presidenti and First lady of Middx CCC........................now that's something that I can do today, pack my suitcase...................and sorting out shoes and handbags and dresses and...........................................


you get the drift, ooohhhh best not forget my besty cricket tiara either!!!!!!

see you tomorrow!!!


No comments :