Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 June 2015

A brilliant result if you are a Tyke!




Yesterday dawned grey and I got rained on as I walked to work......................but hey by the time I was at home things were considerably brighter!

And why???? you might be asking??????

OH COME ON!!!! my Tykes wrapped up their match with Nottinghamshire in 3 days and managed maximum points . AND.........................................*drumroll*  His Royal Ryanness took 6 wickets in the two innings bringing his first class wicket haul to 672.

now I had been get my tiara in a twizzle over the fact that HRR had been out of the game with  his calf in a sling for such a long time. I had pre-ordered 700 FC wickets at the end of last season and I some how felt that I had jinxed him...................... well he came back with a vengeance!

Jack Brookes has now taken 100 wickets since the start of the 2014 season and looks good too.

With both bat and ball the Yorkshire boys were on top form,

I  am super proud of my boys and told Gillespie the gallant that too.

You see it doesn't take much to make I, Lady Lainey happy.

Mr Funky took me over to Sedgefield last night to pick up a unit which is to become my next 'upcycling' project. I am sure that this will keep me out of mischief when I get round to getting it started.

Tonight I was expecting to get myself onto Sky once again, trundling off to The Riverside to see Durham in T20 action, however Mr Funky the Chauffeur has decided that he is going to do overtime in his other job ( how very dare he?), and I cannot be bothered to drive myself there after work, so I will come home prepare dinner,  and sit down to watch on TV.

I would have  tried to dig another 6ft of borders but my elbow is swollen and painful and looks as if tennis elbow might be occurring again so I will rest it up!

If it is tennis elbow it can 'do one', I cannot spend the next few days with that pain, thank you very much!

I have also sorted out to have my hair de-oranged on Saturday so that I am not quite as 'visable' at the Durham v Yorks match, the worrying thing is I am not too sure what colour my hair will end up.

Also on Saturday ( and probably wearing a hat after the above)  I am tiling the surround of the wicket of my 'little men' The Gentlemen of Tykeshire. I have super tiles to use and also some quick drying cement........................................................do you think that this is going to go to plan?

I flipping hope so.

What is going to plan though is the fact that I now have to head off to Super swanky Lady lainey office and shout a lot, drink copious amounts of GREEN TEA!!! ( get me, on a health kick!) and look pretty for 7 hours.

There has to be an easier way to earn pennies!





No comments :