Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 June 2015

cricket and birthdays

Hopefully we will have a better cake than this today as we celebrate Blossom's birthday. we love cake!!!

Now where do I start with yesterday.....................well after being in introduced to various Yorkshire and Middx dignitories as 'The other Mrs Latchman,  Does this make me The Second Lady of Middx???????.
We settled down in the 'posh seats' to watch Jonny Bairstow get my Tykes out of a hole. he was aided towards the end by Jacky Brooks and his unbeaten 125 was excellent. El Presidenti even told Jonnys mum that too.

I am not going to name drop but I have been very lucky to meet some very illustrious cricket characters. I also met the treasurer of Middx ( always handy to know) a lovely gentleman who had me in fits of laughter and was a great sport.
It was good to catch up with Clive Radley who I haven't seen in about 20 years. 

Great fun was had at the lunch table as Queenie the beautiful guide dog of one of the Yorkshire Committee  beat me with her tail whilst resting her head on  The First Ladies knee.. She was obviously hoping for a few crumbs, but once again the food was exceptional and there were no crumbs for Queenie.

 If you ever get the chance of Yorkshire hospitality I can thoroughly  recommend the cheese board!!! Massive!!!!!!!

I have to say that the cricket was great and Jack Brooks  bowled well.....................not sure about Timmy Bresnan who looked to be walking really badly!!!!

It is anyones game but although Middx have given me the most wonderful chance of Yorkshire hospitality, you all know who I am rooting for!!!!


The sun is shining and I am looking forward to another days cricket.

Sadly my last day with El Presidenti, However I have been asked to Lords and tey are coming to Chester Le Street in August so we can do it all again.

Righio off I jolly well go!

No comments :