Powered By Blogger

Friday 26 June 2015

It's finally F(ryan)day


Yes it is F(ryan)day and I was up with the larks this morning...................or the Blackbirds if the truth be known. yes 3.45am this morning, someone had managed to get out of the wrong side of the nest and was giving their partner a right old telling off outside my bedroom window. Yes for 20 minutes they were having a right old ding dong.................and then they either went back to the nest or flew off in opposite directions.

I have been out in to the extensive grounds of the chateau  ( about 5.15am) and they were happily pulling worms out of the lawn. So all things back to normal at Chez blackie.

I feel pretty rough this morning which is probably a combination of painkillers for my tennis elbow and, anti histamines for my hay fever and a glass of wine whilst watching the cricket last night.  this does not bode well for the office boys, as I have a super busy day getting them organised for the fact that I will not be in the office for 2 days next week, yes you can see that my phone will be ringing off the hook whilst I am trying to concentrate on all things Yorkshire.

So back to the cricket last night, well Durham were taking on Lancashire at The Riverside  and rain fell prior to the start but they manages to get under way on time. I spotted Chester the Lion ( the best reason to go to the cricket).

Durham went into bat after winning the toss and wickets fell early, they soldiered on to 141 all out in 19.5 overs.
Chris Rushworth took a nasty blow to the chest and will probably have a wonderful bruise today!

Lancs went into bat, with Rushworth taking 1st blood, bruise or no bruise. However there seemed to be no stopping Prince ( no not the little purple popster!!), he hit 63 no out to steer the red roses home.

Not a great result for former besty home county.

Tonight my Tykey Vikings are in action against Leicester,I am less bothered about the T20 ( unless I am there watching) for my boys and more interested in the county championship. After my time at Headingley with both the President of Middx and President of Yorks, the insight that they gave me, is making me really sit up and take notice of what is going on!
Will their pearls of wisdom really be true, well only time will tell because I'm not!!!

OK, I have to head off to Super Swanky Lady lainey office now, but at 4.30pm I will be free.................................well until middle of next week!

Now that makes F(ryan)day even better!!!!

No comments :