Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 17 June 2015

So how did my 'big man do'?



well to be honest I have no idea because Yorkshire were not giving updates on twitter or anywhere else yesterday or this morning. I cannot find a feed to second XI results and so I now am a tad cross!!!!

I even polluted my browsing history by going onto the Derbyshire CCC website!!!!! and still no joy!

I wanted to know what was occurring at my favourite cricket ground in the whole world.

However talking about the hallowed turf of Scarbella, it really is looking as if I will be taking ' The Gentlemen of Tykeshire' on a little journey in August. There is going to be a huge beach cricket tournament again and the wonderful people at ' Flicx Pitches' are ( obviously) bringing their roll out wickets.

We are currently in discussion as to whether the 'boys' are going to be donning knotted hankies and socks and sandals and heading down to the beach.

I can see me developing some muscles over the course of 4 days humping those lumps of concrete about.

They are just getting too famous

Today we have England in action against New Zealia at Trent Bridge, another ground that I like very much after having a fun day there last season with Middex President and First lady.
I am all ready with t'wireless and hope that Trill Boy and Pony Paul manage to refrain from doing ( what they think  are brilliant ) impersonations of 'Robson and Jerome, which were torture enough in their time without these two tuneless morons trying to revive the act!!!

Best friend Francesca called round last night and we have managed to organise a 'Father Ted' evening in between all my cricket activities and her 'treatment room ' renovations.
Her lovely and very funny OH, Paul  had helped me out on a tiny DIY project which can now be finished off, ( maybe on Sunday). It will be unveiled at a later date.


Rightio not a true cricket catch up this morning, but  got a desk full of 'stuff to sort out' and would like to get it done before the next millennium, which at the rate that I am going may not happen.

I am also going to ring Yorkshire on the hour every hour after 11am to find out the scores, they will soon put it on Twitter!!!

No comments :