Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 June 2015

WORK!!!! A nasty four letter word.



I suppose after the last few days, work yesterday was going to be a shock to the system, most especially getting up even earlier than normal , and driving 290 miles mostly at 50MPH.

My chauffeur yesterday was  office boy Pony Paul, who was even more tired than I was ( well he had done all the driving and I had done all the singing.......................a rare treat for him).

Business at HQ was sorted out quickly and then I spent a long time talking cricket to one of the directors.
We then went to sort out other 'work things' before heading home.

As far as the world of cricket was concerned yesterday it was quiet, even the release of former England player Chris Lewis from prison the previous day, hardly made any waves.........................and to be honest why should it. he was involved in very 'uncricket' type things and  had to face the consequences.

I follow on twitter a couple of photographers, there work always appears to be amazing, I know that they 'tamper' with their pictures to get them just right, but after yesterday with Pony Paul ( who is a keen photographer himself), I now know a lot more about the 'digital enhancing' of the pictures.
It is a shame that you can now use your computer to turn an 'ok snap' into something that you hope to sell for a lot of money.

This technology is also on most mobile phones with cameras now ( or you can download an App), but to be honest why would you  'tweak' a profile picture for Facebook or Twitter when most people actually know you, or as someone said to me earlier this week, ' You meet them and they do not look like they are portraying themselves'
To be honest, I can't be bothered, what you see is what you get and thats it.

no point in trying to make your eyes look bigger ( mine would be  ENORMOUS if I did), your wrinkles disappear or your cheeks look rosier than they are. Why can people not just embrace who they are. I think that it all comes down to peoples insecurities.

OK off to face the office, but only 14 hours of it left this week.

I think that I might be asleep by 8.32am


No comments :