Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 June 2015

Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire





To say that I was struggling yesterday morning was an understatement, I still am not sure how I made it out of the door and onto the 'Funky bus' in time to get to the cricket but I did!!!! What a flipping trooper.
I was,however, burning up, sitting with a tissue under my nose and trying unsuccessfully to stop the mascara  ( or massacre as it looked like afterwards) that I stupidly applied, from spreading down my face, did not make for a great start to the day for me.

That said.................I am super glad that I made the effort because  I got to see my Tykes in action.

So this is how it went,

Mr Funky the Chauffeur picked me up in the 'Funky bus', we then picked up Pauly Paul and Dynamo Dom who was gracing us with another visit, and off we went. Mr Funky decided to take us to Chester le Street via 'Aberdeen' as there were road works at Croxdale, we did however make it with time to spare.(just)

I dished out the coffee and biscuits  ( green tea for Dynamo) and we settled down..........................well talk about my raging temperature, it must have shot through the roof when His Royal Ryanness wandered past and spoke to me........................I could have gone home then as my day was complete, but I didn't.

Durham won the toss and decided to field, and were soon feeling smug as they dismissed Lees,Rhodes Leaning and Gale who all made double figures but failed to make a  mark. then in came Jonny, I was not putting all my eggs in one basket but by the time that he had hit 50 I was getting a little excited,  and just before 'hometime' he hit 100.

Yorkshire finished 329-6 overnight.

It was a lovely day the sun shone and Dynamo kept myself and Jane entertained although he did tell some tales about Pauly Paul which we ladies had probably never wanted to know.

I 'popped' my pills throughout the day and went home feeling better than I had when I left earlier.

however bed was calling and this morning I am feeling much refreshed after a near undisturbed night. I am still coughing and  a 'bit hot', but I actually look a darn sight better than this time yesterday.

so what about today.................................................more cricket please!



No comments :