Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Its hump day!!!!



Oh la la it is Mercredi and  that means it is demi way through the semaine and I am tres glad!!!! oh and if you are wondering about the 'Franglais' it is a due to yesterday being 'La Fete Nationale' back home.

However back to all things Anglais , most especially cricket!!!.

Strange things were happening with Durham. They bowled Warks out for  198 and then went into bat. Well to be honest  I know I wasn't there watching but as it came through on the Twitter feed it looked as if Warks were playing skittles with the Durham boys. Even Captain Collywobble couldn't make more than 1 and it is to be hoped that  he left the field in a better temper than in the first innings!

They got them all out in 50.3 overs, and they scored  148.

Warwickshire went into bat and were  125-3 at close of play. they need to put on 140 today to win.
It's dry outside so anything could happen.

So last night as I settled down with my  'Bastille Day' dinner on my knee, well there was cricket on the box and one does not have a TV in the dining room!,  I was hopeful of My Tykey Vikings playing like they did on Friday evening.
And it looked like it as Plunkett  started the wicket taking, however they sort of ' Did a Durham' and went into a tail spin towards the end,as Worcestershire's Whiteley  started clocking up the runs and put on 91 before their innings was over.
They scored 191 at the end of their 20 overs.

So as  Lees and Gale went into bat, Jack ( Commando boy) Shantry  stepped up to the crease. he may have a strange bowling action but he sure as hell can bowl.
Lees went for   27, Rhodes on  43 and then Jonny Bairstow came in, and went back to the pavilion  having scored 4.he was a tad cross and took himself out of the dug out and into the privacy of the dressing room. As did Galey lad when he came off. The rest of the boys sat looking very glum!
That was the end really of the match, although new boy Gibson put up a valiant fight at the end, only to be seen off by Shantry.

Yorkshire lost by 74 runs.
This seems to have put an end to their hopes of winning any T20 silverware.
Do I care?
Well I care enough to know that the players would be upset.
I care enough to know that 'fans' would be rubbishing the boys on Twitter and other forms of social media ( unnecessary)
I care enough to know that supporting a club is taking the losses and putting them down to experience.
I care enough to know that my boys have bigger fish to fry this season!
I just care about my Tykes!!!


So today it is onwards towards the weekend and hoping that I can make Scarbados on Sunday to see my boys in action (again) against Worcestershire.

Oh yes I have to go to the office too, because contrary to what Joe Scuderi ( former Lancs bowler) thinks. I do sometimes go to work in the summer.





No comments :