Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 July 2015

Saturday!



Well I am up and about but so far there has been no sign of washing being done! Or the dishwasher going on, 'why ???', I hear you all cry, as this is the staple of the Saturday life of I. Lady Lainey. To be honest I just don't seem to have the get up and go to get up and put the things in the washing machine.

I am hoping that a walk to the post office will invigorate me and I will feel more like doing 'stuff' when I get back. Yes I will probably sit down on the sofa and fall asleep whilst England are batting...........

which brings me to yesterday and the Ashes, I was feeling slightly sick that Chris Rogers would take the record set by Gillespie the Gallant in 2006 of scoring a double century overseas ( 201). However when England eventually made a breakthrough and got him out I breathed a sigh of relief, but I had forgotten Smith!!!!!! OMG!!!! and yes he did it , before falling to little Joey Root for 215.
Gillespie the Gallant was being very gallant about the whole thing and said that the honour had gone to a 'real batsman'. Well Jason just to say you held the record for 9 years so not bad for a night watchman/bowler!!!!!

Anyhoo, Australia declared the first over after tea and England went in to bat, and poor old Adam Lyth, everyone's favourite 'eggshell blonde' was out for duck and back in the pavilion in less time that it took to strap on his pads!!.

Ballance tried to make a stand and managed  23 before he was out, Bell managed 1 which will boost his average!, and sadly so did little Joey Root. England closed on  85-4.
Well I did say the Aussies would come out fighting.


And then there was the matter of T20!!! yes indeedy doody, 'Fun Sophe' was here from Nottingham and  we were into the T20 spirit straight away as PH was reunited with his chum LL and they even had their photograph retweeted by Durham CCC.

Mr Funky was feeling out of place as we were sitting in the Nottinghamshire end.. Notts played a blinding match and although have been struggling in other forms, looked good last night as they romped home to a 42 run win.
Durham on the other hand looked as if they completely lost their way. Sad to say I have seen them like this before. John Hastings  played a blinder of an innings hitting 42, but he does look genuinely a bit tired.

Sadly missing from last night was 'big luke' who is still recovering from a hamstring injury. I don't think it will be long before he is back with Notts and knocking bails off here there and everywhere.

It was wonderful to see Sophie and hope that this is not the last time she is here in the North East ( she has roots here too, and she did her roots here too!!!).

My Tykes lost against Nothamptonshire by 6 wickets however they fell 4 runs short of victory in reality. They fielded a young team and seeing the runs on the board I think that they have some super stars of the future!

#COYT


Rightio off to the Post Office and a long walk whilst blowing the cobwebs off listening to Motorhead


Have a great Saturday



No comments :